Rules and Regulations for Residential Home
RULES, REGULATIONS, AND MANAGEMENT POLICY
To benefit all residents and to insure proper use of both the rented premises and the entire building, Tenants agree to comply with the following Rules and Regulations. These Rules and Regulations are part of Tenants’ Lease.
- Tenants will use the premises for residential purposes only; will not conduct any business in or from their premises; will obey all laws, ordinances, and health regulations; and will do nothing that may injure the reputation or condition of the building or its owner.
Solicitation of any kind, by guests or Tenants, is prohibited at all times.
- Tenants will not do anything or keep anything in or about the premises that in any way will increase the risk of fire or that may conflict with fire or insurance regulations.
- Tenants shall respect the rights of all other tenants/occupants of the building to peace and quiet and will not disturb any of them unreasonably by shouting or other loud use of his or her voice, with noise, music, radios and televisions, odor, or in any other way. All abusive, disorderly, violent, or harassing conduct by a Tenant, including but not limited to abusive and/or foul language, sexually explicit comments toward tenants, occupants, or management is prohibited and is grounds for immediate termination of tenancy. Likewise, vandalism of any kind by a Tenant on or to Landlord’s property is prohibited.
- Tenants are responsible for the behavior of any and all of their guests, visitors, and invitees. Such persons may not break Tenants’ Lease or these Rules and Regulations. Tenants are responsible to pay for any damages or clean-up resulting from the conduct of their guests, visitors, and invitees.
- Except for controls in Tenants’ premises, intended for Tenants’ use, Tenants will not operate any other controls relating to the building’s utility services without the expressed, written, prior approval of Landlord. This includes but is not limited to heating and air conditioning, water and sewer, gas, electric (including lighting), elevators, laundry, or other equipment, and Tenants will not enter the boiler/furnace room.
- Tenants will not obstruct entrances, public areas, hallways or other corridors, stairs, exits, elevators, lobbies, driveways, parking areas, walks, or fire escapes.
- Tenants will not drive any nails or screws into walls, floors, tiles, ceilings, woodwork, or partitions; will not drill holes or fasten any article on any part of the premises, or damage or deface the same. Pictures may be hung, provided that only small size “a” type “Bulldog” type hangers or push pins are used. Use of tape, glue, or adhesive of any kind is not permitted. Nothing, including clothes, towels, pictures, or any other item, shall be hung from ceilings, pipes, sprinklers, or any fixtures of the premises.
- Unless modified by the Lease, animals are not allowed at any time, under any circumstance, except for legally authorized guide dogs.
- Tenants will not add or in any way change locks or keying.
- Tenants will not varnish, paint, paper, or otherwise decorate any walls, floors, doors, woodwork, or cabinets.
- No vehicle or bicycle shall obstruct a drive or in any way interfere with others’ access thereto, nor shall they be parked on lawns, shrubberies, patios, walkways, or lawn extensions. Vehicles shall not be repaired, lubricated, or washed on driveways or in parking areas of the premises. Any vehicle of Tenant or of Tenants’ guests or invitees that leak oil or hydraulic fluid (which damage blacktop) must be removed, and Tenant is responsible for any cleanup (including environmental cleanup, and repair.
- Tenants will act reasonably to conserve water and energy, and will report running= toilets and faucets to Landlord for service. Tenants will not make unreasonable use of heat, leave windows open during cold weather, or leave televisions or other permitted devices on and unattended. Tenants will not remove screens and/or storms from the windows, even briefly.
- Tenants will not install any aerial or antenna, and they will not erect or use any radio transmitters in the premises without both appropriate filters and prior written permission from Landlord.
- Tenants will use toilets, tubs, and sinks only for their primary purpose and will never use them to dispose of sweepings, rubbish, rags, garbage, sanitary napkins, or other items likely to clog them. Tenants are liable to pay Landlord for any expense it incurs for repairing damage (including unclogging toilets and drains) caused by Tenants, their guests, or invitees.
- Tenants will keep/store any personal property only in their premises or in such space as Landlord may assign them in writing, but storage of kerosene, gasoline, or other flammable or explosive agents is always prohibited. Landlord is not responsible for any items left in the premises at the end of the Lease term.
- Trash and garbage (including recyclables) always shall be placed in the trash and recycle containers provided by Landlord, and container lids, if any, must be kept tightly closed at all times. In a single family home (including premises in duplexes), Tenants will put their trash cans and recycle bins curbside for the City’s scheduled pick-up, and will return cans and bins to their normal non-curbside location the same day.
- Tenants will perform reasonable housekeeping in their premises to maintain them in a clean, neat, and sanitary condition.
- Unless expressly permitted by Landlord in writing, Tenants shall not display any signs, flags, pennants, placards, advertisements, notices, pictures, ornaments, stickers, handbills, or other lettering so as to be visible on the outside of the building or the premises.
- Tenants will never go on the roof of the building for any reason.
- Waterbeds and weight lifting equipment are prohibited at all times. Air conditioners, other ovens, space heaters, hot plates, washers, dryers, and refrigerators beyond those supplied by Landlord are prohibited without prior written permission of Landlord.
- Smoking is not permitted at any time in the building, including entrances, driveways, all grounds, and including the premises.
- Tenants will not remove batteries from smoke detectors or in any other way disarm them.
- Possession, sale, or use of any illegal drug or drug paraphernalia in the premises or the building is prohibited.
- Landlord provides light bulbs for all fixtures at the beginning of the Lease term. Tenants will replace light bulbs in all lighting fixtures in the premises during the Lease term, and will leave working light bulbs in all lighting fixtures at the end of the Lease.
- Possessing, using, or storing lethal weapons anywhere in the building is prohibited. “Lethal weapon” is defined as any deadly weapon which, from the manner used, is calculated or likely to produce death or serious bodily injury. This includes, but is not limited to: all firearms, hunting knives, switchblades, bows and arrows, machetes, or other knives.
- Maintenance requests shall be submitted to Landlord. Specifics of theproblem, to the extent possible, shall be included in the request. Tenants are strictly liable to reimburse Landlord for repair of any damage caused by violation of any of these Rules by Tenants or by their guests.
The Water Street Development site is very clean, bright and inviting with ample parking. Site owner Frank Pasciuto is extremely welcoming,accommodating and immediately responsive to all our needs. The custodians are visible and friendly with a helping attitude. This is by far the very best office rental I have experienced. I strongly and enthusiastically recommend the Water Street Development site to everyone looking to rent an office or retail space.Steve MaioCASIT INC
I have been a tenant of Water Street Development since 2004. I have never once regretted my decision to lease space in this wonderful building. In addition to its great location, the building has been meticulously maintained, the parking is ample, the snow removal timely, and just overall it is a pleasant work environment. Frank Pasciuto has always treated me and my business with respect. You definitely sense the pride of ownership from Mr. Pasciuto.Carmen CoccaPresident Water Street Insurance
455 Massachusetts Avenue
Arlington, MA 02474